Saturday, February 19, 2011

A day at the Temple


I have a new friend.  Her name is Marianne Johnson.  She is a sister in my ward.  We met last year when I congratulated her on her new calling as Mia Maid Advisor.  I offered to be a helping hand anytime she thought she might get over-whelmed.  She took me up on my offer and we put together a fun Christmas Craft evening at her home.  Gary was then assigned to be their Home Teacher and since the brother who is his companion isn't always able to go when Gary can, I get to go with him on the visit.  These people are wonderful.  They work in the baptistry on Fridays.  Most of the time they spend two of three days in Phoenix when they go down to the Temple but this week they were only going for the day so they invited me to go along.  They gave me plenty of notice so I was able to get some names together for baptism.  It took me their entire shift to do the baptisms and initiatory work.  I don't think I have ever gone to the temple without running into someone I know.  This time it was not any different.  I saw Pres. Jim Turley and his wife Peggy and Gwen Evans.  Gas is up to $3.00 a gallon so we don't go down to the valley because it just costs too much.  So I don't go to the Temple as often.  But now I can go with the Johnson when the do a one day trip.  We are really looking forward to the new temple being built in North Phoenix.

1 comment:

Krystal and Bruce said...

if you guys moved to rexburg you could go every day!

Blog Archive