Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Hiking with my honey






I visited a couple one day who had just returned from a hike. The Constellation Hike.  Some years ago a plane (The Constellation) went down in this area and a  Eagle Scout built a monument for those who lost their lives. This is a new set of trails located at the Granite Dells.  Mike  gave me copy of the map and Gary and I decided to give it a try.  It is the perfect hike for me.  Mostly flat with a do-able incline and a few rocks to climb over.  It is a fun hike for families or older people (like myself) who have problem knees.  The view is pretty and the rocks remind me of the hike I use to take with my sisters and father at the South Mountain park in Phoenix.  It was a gorgeous day; sunny and cool breezes.  There were quite a few people hiking that day.  I believe it will become a well used hiking area .  When my grand children come for a visit we will certainly make use of these trails.

No comments: