Tuesday, April 7, 2009

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. Winnie the Pooh

Today I am working on the talk I was assigned to give in sacrament meeting. A quote came to my mind as I was pondering how I wanted to open....Picture this-Pooh is sitting on a hillside overlooking a beautiful meadow. Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh!" he whispered
"Yes, Piglet?" 'Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw. "I just wanted to be sure of you."

I am always touched by the simplicity of Winnie the Pooh. As I thought on this quote I decided to look up some others and found a couple I think are quite darling. I wonder if you will think the same.

If a person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has small piece of fluff in his ear.

It's more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "what about lunch?"

Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.

Some people care too much, I think it's called Love.

If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus 1 day, so I never have to live without you.

Forever isn't long enough, when I'm with you.

and this one is for all of us who do not spell well...(verda, gary, krystal & garrett)

My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places.

-Winnie the Pooh

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I loved the title! It reminds me of the one that goes: There's a skinny girl inside me trying to get out, but I can ususally shut her up with cookies! haha