Monday, June 1, 2009

Favorite memories...

from left to right: garrett, verda, laura, lisa, destiny, kim, scott, skyler, dale, payton,
gary, yuri, ethan sierra and nate. (i do not know where kerri and krystal are, they are missing in action.)

Camping with the in-laws Labor Day 2004
I just finished reading Kim's post about camping. She is right, I do not care much for the camping thing, however, when she and nate were newlyweds the two families combined for a weekend in the pines. I have to say that was a great outing. Since the picture above was taken, Destiny and Dale have added 1 1/2 kids to their family, Kim and Nate have added 2 1/2 kids and Laura is now a mommie. My or my, where does the time go. I'm glad I have this memory now that everyone has moved away. I also remember wanting to wring Yuri's neck. He came into camp very late the first night honking his horn after all of us were snuggled in bed. That is something that has not changed, he still pulls tricks like that...we wanted to repay him the next morning but he was to smart for us. Some day Yuri, we will get you back! I have not forgotten....

"how delicious to savor a favorite memory from the past. It's like experiencing it all over again."

No comments: