Thursday, October 28, 2010

A moose is loose A man made of stone and PIZZA

Day one: The entire day was spent getting acquainted with Kaci and Forrest.  Yeah Yahoo!

Day Two went as follows:

Brad invited me to drive him to work, in the dark in a strange city, all by myself, so Kerri could use the car for the day.  Hmmm, I'm not much good at this kind of thing.  But he assured me that all would be well.  Amazingly enough I was able to make my way back to their apartment without getting lost.  WHEW.
When i returned Kerri took me on a tour of the City of Anchorage.  As we were traveling down the road named Northern Lights Kerri mentioned that she hoped that I would be able to see a moose and lo and behold just a  few minutes later we saw one...just taking a stroll on the coastal trail (a bike trail that follows along the road).  So we took a quick pix.  Kerri suggested she take a picture of me  with the moose standing across the street   Then he made his way across the street where we had parked and I got out of the car and got a bit closer to him.  Kaci wanted to follow him through the neighborhood where he chose to wander and we photographed him helping himself to a few crab apples on a tree in one of the homes' front yard.  You may or may not be able to see his itty bitty antlers.  He is just a little guy.

We visited the giant chocolate fountain, took a few photos of the area outside where there stood a giant rock man and had lunch at The Moose Tooth where we ate the most yummy apricot pizza with cream cheese, chicken, carrots, red peppers, cilantro and green onion.  And now it is beginning to snow.  It has been a great day!




1 comment:

Krystal and Bruce said...

the pizza sounds gross but everythings seems like lots of fun!!! So so so so jealous!!!!