Saturday, August 13, 2011

Back to school

Seminary is in full swing and I have been getting use to my new job and teaching early morning.  The students in my class are delightful.  16 different personalities.  So far they have been pleasant  and getting to class on time, but we will see  how long that lasts.  I plan on soaking up the"honeymoon" period as long as I can.

I am also enjoying my job.  The lady who is training me is a hoot.  I laugh everyday, which makes the time I spend there enjoyable.  I'm re-learning how to multi-task.  I can not believe how lazy I have become in my thinking process since I stopped working at the school.  The stress level is also minimal since I am not in charge and just do what I'm assigned...I'm technically the lunch relief for Jenna who is the full-time employee.

What do I do for four hours a day?  The company  is A & E Reprographics.  It's a copy center for large format items such as floor plans.  Our main customers are  architects, builders, plumbers, electrician, landscapers, etc.  I scan the prints and make copies.  We also do copy work for Attorneys.  If it's on  a piece of paper we copy it. They also do computer design for all sorts of projects; business cards, banners, signs, photos on canvas, enhancing old photos, etc.  I have already learned so much about the Photo Shop and Adobe Illustrator programs.  There is so much to learn.  Today I was sure my brain was going to explode.  It's amazing how invigorating it is learn new things.  I hope to be able to save enough money so we can visit our children in Alaska, Hawaii and Idaho more often than once a year.  It would be nice to buy a home, but that's just a dream right now...you know what they say, when you dream, dream BIG.  Who knows, it could happen!

No comments: