Friday, February 22, 2008

Getting Back to Normal




The weather has been white, wet and cold. One evening I picked Gary up from work, we hit the local In-N-Out Burger for some yummie cheese burgers and fries, listening to the radio enjoying one of our fav. country songs, on c0mes an irratating noise which interrupts our listening pleasure with a thunder storm warning---nickel size hail was on it's way. We made a mad dash for home and luckily the hail got there before we did. I didn't want Hebbie to get all dented with hail. All was well! We made ourselves comfy, ate our yummie burgers and watched the female contestants on American Idol. Remembering that it was trash day on the morrow, I made a quick trip outdoors to put the trash can on the curb. To my surprise what was just wet and cold earlier had in just two hours turned into winter white fluff. I couldn't even see Hebbie, she was completely covered. I ran in to get Gary and suggested we make use of all the snow. Since we no longer have grandchildren living near by, I had the idea that we try to make our own. Pictured is our attempt. I must say that Kim and Kerri do a much better job, and that I should probably live it to them in the future.
But Snowbuddy Hebner is the best we could do with what we had to work with. As you can see, I am in my p.j's. we were creating this little one at 10:00 p.m. just prior to bedtime. Snowbuddy actually survived for two whole days before the rain came and washed it away. More snow is on its way and we hope to re-create our little friend once again. As for now, Woody is sporting the high fashion outfit. For those of you who are not familiar with Woody, he is the handsome little bear who greets you at the Hebner Habitat entry.

No comments: