Monday, April 7, 2008

Boys will be boys....YUCK!

Last night I had prepared a wonderful, tasty meal for my dear sweet hubbie. Well, he wasn't so sweet by the end of the meal. The BRAT! I carefully grilled two scrumptious pork chops, made a pretty tossed salad and yummy, yummy cornbread. We sat and ate and talked about his day. I was recounting what the brethren had said in conference. Consequently, he finished his meal before I did, which is usual, I eat slower than he does. He said he was full, however, he kept taking food off my plate. Generally, I don't mind, but the meal was soooo yummy, which for those of you who have experienced my cooking know that yummy is very rare... So I told him to eat more salad. It was a pretty salad. The kind with bright green spinach leaves, bright orange carrots, red ripe tomatoes, crispy celery and onions. Delightful. So he took my suggestion, went to the pantry to get some sun flower seeds for a tasty addition. As he begins to chow down he decides to say out loud how the sun flower seeds look like ticks all over his salad. I am doing my best to ignore him...but he continues...so to act as though this is not bothering me in any way, I reached over and filled my fork with some of his salad; including the sun flower seeds. As I begin to munch and looking un-affected by his comments he mentions how the seeds feel so plump in his mouth and how it's better that they are crunchy otherwise when he bit down on them they would burst with blood. You guessed it, I immediatly spit out what was in my mouth. GROSS!!! Boys are such a pain. Girls, tell me, what is it again that we see in them...why do want to spend time with them.. He ruined a perfectly good meal and with my cooking skills, who knows when I will ever get that back again...

1 comment:

Kerri said...

boys are stinky trash cans full if poop (kaci's poop!)