Thursday, February 5, 2009

"Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way."






Today is Brad's 25th birthday. This guy is abosultely TERRIFIC! We all love you and here are a few reasons why:

1. You have an unquenchable desire for adventure. Even when we went to the Grand Canyon and you are soooo afraid of heights, you still went to the edge to view the splendure and went on a hike with the family down into the canyon.

2. You love to play. This is good for my daughter Kerri. She can be too serious at times. However, you have been able to get her to enjoy life much, much more.
" And when they played, they really played. And when they worked they really worked."Dr. Seuss

3. You love ice cream. "I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!" I do not know anyone who enjoys a bowl of ice cream like you do. You are always in the mood for this treat. Which is good for all of us, because when you come for a visit, Gary always stocks the freezer with pleanty of the cold stuff. We all benefit from your ice cream addiction.

4. You are always gently and kind. I do not know many people who can be so kind, so often, without effort. Even when you are teasing me, I never feel attacked or uncomfortable. You always offer love, --warm, tender love.

5. You are the orginal 'Minute Man'. Whenever we are discussing a question, problem, etc. you are up and working on a solution immediately. Whether we are contemplating an activity, going to a movie, finding a job, questioning the source of information...you are quick to find the answer and you do it right on the spot. You get so much done because you don't wait til later. Because of your example, I have been encouraged and do not put off til tommorrow what I can do today.

6. You're just Special. You just iz!

Happy Birthday to a wonderful person, father, husband, son of god, and all around good guy. Thanks for your optimism and kind heart.

"I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" Dr. Seuss

No comments: