Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Angels we have heard on high....

For many months now I have been in the market for wind chimes.  It blows so much here that I wanted to make use of the wind.  What better occupation than to make music?  Chimes are not cheap.  Yes, I know you can go to any dollar store and pick up chimes.  But I wanted a set that made beautiful music.  Something that cheered me when they tickled my ears.  Everytime I go into any store or outdoor craft fair I go directly to the chimes.  The only ones I have found that sound any good are very expensive.  So I saved my money and decided the next time I come across a sweet sounding set I would bite the bullet and just buy them... 
I didn't have to do that.  Yeah, Yahoo!  This is when having a stack of boxes in your garage is worth it.  I was rummaging through some of my treasures and lo and behold I found a set of chimes.  My mother sent them to me years ago and I never put them up because we were in the process of moving.  This is just a simple set, but the sound they make is glorious.  I just Love It. The glass or whatever the material is these little angels are made of make the most lovely music.  It really does tickle my ears and makes me smile each day when they greet me with their song. 


Angels we have heard on high, sweetly singing over the plains.... my chimes give this song a new meaning.

No comments: