Friday, January 22, 2010

Two guys...1 girl



Me and my boys...I couldn't sleep last night and the thought went through my mind I should do a blog listing all the avantages of being the only girl in the house.  My mind went blank.  When I asked Gary this morning what he thought...his mind with blank also.  Hmmm, there has to be some benefit. 
A few things did come to mind... #1... I can take off my jewelry  it remains in the same spot til I want it again.  No one is borrowing my earrings, necklaces and braclets.  This was not always the case with three daughters in the house.  #2 ... My make-up stays in the same place.  Since my girls have moved away, I have been able to keep the same eye shadow and lipstick now for at least 4 years! this also applies to any and all my personals...hair stuff, femine products, etc. #3... No one borrows my socks, tights, shoes, etc.  When I wash them  and put them away they stay there til I want them again.  #4  I do not have to go grocery shopping.  the guys like to do this and they always bring home yummy treats just for me.  #5... the best one of all.  No one uses my craft room. If I don't finish a project I can leave it out and the next day pick up where I left off.  Nothing is moved or missing.  I love my girls, but they always used my crafts tools and I was lucky if I could ever find anything. 
So being the only girl right now has it's perks.
But it also has it poops.
#1...I am the only one that does the dishes. #2...I'm the only one who cleans the bathroom   #4 I'm the only one who does the ironing and mending. #5 I always have to put the lid down on the toilet.  #6  The dinner table conversation in almost always about sports.  #7 When we watch a t.v. program it is always pointed out how many 'hot' girls were seen.  #8  Action movies come first.  Sports and commentary are rated at the top also.

Being the only girl can get a little lonesome at times.  This is when a good visiting teacher is important.  Do not get me wrong, I love my boys. But I have come to realize I need 'girl time'  and I have found a remedy.  this is what I've done...

1.  I always do my visiting teaching.  I get to talk with 5 different women each month .  I also go to Enrichment activities.  Even though most of the women are just young mothers, I get a boost being around them. 
2.  I started taking piano lessons.  Sister James is great and she has the most wonderful sense of humor.  She teaches me other things too, like knitting for example. 
3.  Family History.  I go to the Stake Library and the women there are so delightful and helpful and just plain fun. I also participate in the Stake Humanitarian Project each Wednesday and I get to sew and learn skills for other sisters.
4.  Reading.  I have found that I really like to read.  So I choose titles that I think may be uplifting to women.
5.  I go next door and spend time with my neighbor Barbara.  She has the cutest little dog, Tater, and we just enjoy each others company.


There is probably lots more so say on the matter....but I think this is enough. 


 


1 comment:

Krystal and Bruce said...

=]

You miss having the girls there! I just know it! Who wants to know where your earring are and necklaces are all the time?!?

Who wants to go into the craft room and not find your project you were working on?!?!

=] i love you mom! It made me chuckle!!!