Tuesday, January 12, 2010

These Boots are Made for Walkin'


These boots are made for walkin'
and that's just what they'll do
one of the days these boots
are gonna walk all over you....
-nancy sinatra

These are the words from a popular 60's song that we listened to on the radio when we were kids.   I know it all too well.  The reason I share this is because my son Garrett recently pointed out that I have a lot of boots.
I really was not aware of this fact.  I love boots.  But growing up in Phoenix, Arizona you really don't need to wear boots.  It's just too warm.  Of course, many people do.  I just didn't wear them much.  But since I have moved to Prescott Valley, I can wear boots all the time.  I also noticed that I prefer suede.  Even my slippers are little boots.  

While visiting Kim she was given these cool brown suede boots and I snatched them from her.  Who wears suede boots in Hawaii?  She can have them back when she returns to the mainland, but for now they are mine and I love 'em!  I've been wearing these boots to church on Sunday, only problem with that is you really should be selective on what you wear with this type of foot apparel.  Thank goodness I live in this little town where we don't make a stink about fashion.  But I will have to make a few adjustments in my wardrobe.  It just gives me a good reason to sew.

Do the boot scootin' boogie!





No comments: