Friday, April 2, 2010

I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints



                   Church Headquarters, Salt Lake City, Utah  Temple Square   September 2009


The last time I visited Lynda Call we visited the Conference Center.  As you can see from this lovely picture
we had a wonderful time together.  The reason I post these pictures is because one of the two best weekends starts Satuday, April 3.  CONFERENCE WEEKEND.  Yippee Yahoo!  I love to watch conference and hear all the leaders speak to us.  When the two of us were walking around looking at the flowers after dinner, Lynda stopped in front of the Church Headquarters Building and began singing:

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
I know who I am.
I know God's plan.
 I'll follow him in faith.
I believe in the Savior Jesus Christ,
I'll honor his name.
I'll do what is right;
I'll follow his light
His truth I will proclaim.

Now each time I hear this song sung in primary or see a picture of Temple Square and this building  I think of Lynda singing and it makes my heart sing.  Thanks Lynda for your example. 
I too am  proud to be a member of Christ's true church .

1 comment:

newsinaminute said...

that made my day to remember the fun day we had together on temple square--and it is I who appreciates your example...neat that you are doing the indexing too