Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sew Sweet

No I didn't spell the title wrong.  I want to talk about sewing.  I am very blessed with the ability to sew.  I'm not the best mind you, I just get by, but I enjoy it so much.  I'm grateful my dad insisted that I learn to sew.  It has been a blessing many times over.  Lately I have been sewing for Krystal's wedding.  I didn't get to do that for the other two girls, I was working full time back then and in the Young Women's Presidency so I couldn't fit sewing into my schedule.  I have enjoyed making dresses and skirts for all the girls.  I just hope they like them and that Krystal will be pleased  I would hate it if she were disappointed. Here is a list of the  things I have made with my sewing machine in the past.

1.  little girls panties
2.  swim suites
3.  a fur coat for Kimi
4.  halloween costumes
5.  repaired the trampline mat
6.  levi quilt for Gary
7.  dresses for Easter, Christmas, Church, Baptism & Blessings
8.  camoflage pants for Gary
9.  aprons
10 pot holders
11 prom dress
12 bride's maid dresses
13 curtains
14 recovered a couch

These are just a few of my projects. And I keep finding more.   Yes, Sewing is So Sweet!

3 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

um, I SEW (pun intended)want to make panties for Lili. How fun and might as well make underwear for Nate. You'll have to teach me. I think you should post pictures of all the projects. My fur coat was the best ever. I aspire to be as talented as you!

Kerri said...

You forgot all the school clothes you've made for us.

Little girl panties. I wish I could make some that are color coded. Yellow goes in front, red goes on top, one leg through green, one leg through blue. Kaci can put on her panties by her self, but I usually have to take them off again because she has a leg hole as the waist or the front is in the back. Brookie butt doesn't fit in 'em when the front is the back, resembles a thong.

Oh and you forgot Kaci's winter coats too.

You are amazing!

Krystal and Bruce said...

I LOVE that you are happy doing so much of the sewing for my wedding! You forgot WEDDING DRESS!!! I'm so thankful for you and your talents! You are making this wedding a hit and making my life so much easier!! i love you tons!!!

i don't need any little girl panties so no comments on that one lol