Friday, June 3, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...

We went for a walk to the park and had lunch.  The parks here in Rexburg are beautiful.  Pine trees, green grass, blooming trees with gorgeous pink and while flowers that smell so yummie.  This park is just across the street from the complex where  Krystal lives.  There is a walking path all the way around, lots of green, green grass and there is an exercise area and a putting green.  It's part of the college.  There's a great view of the valley from the top of the park.  Krystal showed me where they also sled and snowboard during the winter.  When I saw the nice incline I thought of how much fun it would be to roll down the grassy hill like I use to do with my sisters when I was a little girl.

 The Balls relaxing in the sunshine.  It's been really windy, wet and cold and this was the first day we could all get outside and enjoy the sun,
 I gathered these pine cones to make a wreath.  Of course I stuffed them in a bag and brought them home with me. These cones are different than the ones I collect in Arizona. They are soft and pliable, not stiff and pokey.  And they have the most wonderful pine fragrance.  mmmmm
 at the top of the hill...
 walking path circles the park....yes it goes up, up, up...as does every other path in this area.
grandma verdi, Mama Krystal, baby Rylee.

No comments: