Saturday, January 28, 2012

hair and wrinkles

In my home I am the only one that has a head of hair.  My men are bald.  So all the hair laying on the floor, clogging the drain,  unwanted in the bathroom sink are all due to me.  I have a lot of hair. And to make matters worse, I have decided to grow it out.  Hmmm....more mess.  I have dyed it black to cover my grey.  Since I started working beside a much younger woman I don't want to look any older than I am.  Although many people act surprised when I tell them my age I am, nevertheless, getting older and I  look it. BAHHH  I want to grow my hair longer simply because the length of my hair has not been past my chin for 30 years.  So I thought I would give longer hair a try.  Do not know how long this will last.  I'm very lazy when it comes to "doing" my hair.  I hope it will be long enough to pull up into a pony tail by this summer and if I can last through the summer, I should be able to let it grow down to my shoulders and we'll go from there. My goal is to have it all one length to my shoulders.  Why?  I don't know, just thought i would see if I could do it. I haven't had my hair all one length, to my shoulders since I was in junior high.

On the subject of getting older, I noticed my hands the other day.  Oh my, they are starting to look their age.  I can always tell a woman's true age by looking at her hands.  The rest of our bodies can be fit and trim but our hands tell the truth.  Because I am on the heavy side I don't have many wrinkles. If I would loose about 25 pounds, my neck and face would show wrinkles.  But wrinkles or not, I'm tired of carrying around all this extra weight and it's time to slim down a bit, even if I have to have wrinkles.  No I am not going on a diet.  I'm just going to exercise more often and eat better.

This is my story and I'm sticking to it!

2 comments:

kerri said...

I would love to see you with long hair. Good idea!!

Krystal and Bruce said...

YAY for long hair! If it makes you feel better you look WAY younger than my mother in law and she only has a few years on you. AND be grateful you can even grow you hair out! I say elbows show age. I guess hands do too