Monday, January 16, 2012

Just keep swimming

Last night when I went to bed I was feeling so trapped.  No matter where I went, what I did,  how I moved, I felt contained.  It was a terrible feeling.  I put my hands on my head and gave it shake. GO AWAY! i said, my thoughts were strangling me.  I finally fell asleep after pleading in my prayers for a simple answer to this negative thought process.  In my dreams I saw a maze.  A huge block wall maze.  It looked just like the one that was used on "Wizards of Waverly Place"  a Disney show I watch from time to time because I love the characters.  Anyways, on the show Alex just used a spell and walked through the walls and found her way out.  My thought, well, I can't wave a wand and walk out of this maze.  Then I said out loud, why not?   I'm in my head  The maze is not real.  No more walls.  Than I was trapped in a large cardboard box, I thought again, there is no cardboard box. The walls fell away. Than there was a prison cell, this one came from a memory of visiting Alcatraz.  I didn't go for that one either. No more bars.   Soon nothing held me.  I could go and do whatever I wanted without boundries.  I do not know why I am struggling with my thoughts so much these days.  I did go to the doctor and she adjusted my meds so I am doing better.  I just try to picture Dorie the little blue fish and I tell myself, "just keep swimming, swimming, swimming, just keep swimming!"

2 comments:

gary hebner said...

love you and hoping all is well

Krystal and Bruce said...

we all get trapped in our heads dont we! i gotta remind to use my wand and just get out!