Friday, February 12, 2010

The adventures of two guys and a girl

Is it possible to have wait in line to use the bathroom at 2 a.m.? The answer is YES.  I'm awakened one night by what sounds like a waterfall.  It' Gary, he's in the bathroom taking care of business.  It's so loud it wakes me up.  Now I have the urge to go to the bathroom, (running water does that to me) and I try to ignore the feeling, the bed is so warm and I'm very comfortable.  But I keep hearing the water run, Gary has a bladder the size of a waterbed.  So I  pull myelf out of bed.  Just as I get to the door, here comes Garrett barreling out of his room headed for, Yep, the bathroom. He must react to running water the same as I do.  He gets to the bathroom ahead of me, sees his dad standing there and waits for his turn.  I realize I won't win this fight, so I go sit on the edge of my bed.  Gary returns to bed and goes right back to sleep.  Garrett also sounds like a waterfall, my bladder begins screaming and I ask myself, why do guys make so much noise when they pee?  And I start thinking about the whole process and I answer my own question . Garrett finally finishes returns to his room  and I get my turn. I have to put the seat down of course and finally, RELIEF!  Except now I am wide awake.  I try to go back to sleep but fail.  So I resort to rocking myself back to sleep in the recliner.  I get my blanket and neck pillow and start rocking.  This  usually works, 8 out of 10 times and I find myself drifting off to sleep.  I can hear Gary snoring like a chain saw and decided to sleep on the couch.  I get myself all comfy and off to dream land I go. Next thing I know, The televison is turned on.  Gary can't sleep and neither can Garrett, Garrett saw me sleeping on the couch so he gets on the computer in his room, when Gary gets up he sees me sleeping on the couch so he goes to use the computer which he finds Garrett using, so he has to come back to the living room.  The sound of the televison wakes me up.  I get up and mumble in a mean tone, "I'm going to get my own place so I can sleep at night!"  I go back to my bed, toss and turn, trying to  ignore the sound of the television becasue Gary is deaf and has to have the sound up so high it vibrates the walls and with some luck get back to sleep.  I wake the next day and it's 11:00.  Bummer! The whole morning is gone!   Gary's gone to work, and Garrett is sound asleep.  Because I slept in so late I probably won't be able to sleep tonight ARRRRGH here I go again.

1 comment:

Kim's just sayin' said...

i had 2 thoughts after reading this...
1) at least you all made it to the bathroom without any accidents :)

and 2) are you telling me that I should abandon any fleeting hope that one day my children and/or husband may leave me alone so I can get a full night of sleep? :(