Thursday, December 23, 2010

Blog Challenge #7 What role does color play in your everyday life?

"Red, and yellow, and pink and green, purple and orange and blue. I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow tune....
Listen with your eyes and sing everything you see, I can sing a rainbow, sing a rainbow, sing along with me."

Our family learned this song when Kerri attended Preschool.  It expresses how wonderful color is in our lives.  I must have color.  I like it everywhere.  Every wall would be a different color if it were not for my husband.  White walls are his choice.  It depends on the the time of the year which colors are my favorite.  I love red and green all the time, but of course Christmas makes them shine.  Crystal Blue and white in the winter.  Purple and Green are my favorites in the spring.  Red, White and Blue in the summer and Orange, brown, red and green in the fall.  For many years Blue was my absolute fav.  But as I have grown so has my appreciation for colors.
I'm one of those people who when given a basket full of handouts and asked to please "take one" I poke around to find a certain color.  Usually red, green or blue.  I'm drawn to book covers with these colors.  Clothing also.  Even food selection will at times be determined by the color.  Cake frosting, jello flavor, candy bar wrappers.  I usually will not address an envelope unless I add some dab of color, a sticker, a doodle, multi color words.  I never tire of a beautiful sunrise or sunset.  The sky is so pretty especially after a rain.  Nor do I ever tire of green trees.  Spring time is the best when blooms are everywhere.  I am so grateful for Color.

No comments: