Friday, December 3, 2010

Journal Jar Blog Challenge #3

What is your favoirtie holiday traditon?

  I look forward every year to all the lights.    When I was a  kid my dad would always take us out about the city looking for the bestest light displays.  He seemd to know just where to go.  One neighborhood was lit up every year.  We loved this eveing and would drive around for hours.  To this day i still look forward to seeing the homes in the neighborhood all lighted.  I remember when we were asked to conserve energy one year and so many families opted to not put up lights.  Christmas lights just haven't been the same since, however, I really appreciate the die hards.  The ones who make it a point to cover every inch of their yards with beautiful colors that illuminate the night.  This year Gary decided we need new lights so we purchased the new LEDs.  They are so pretty.  We are fortunate here in Prescott Valley to have the Valley of  Lights.  A beautiful drive through a park with multiple lighted displays.  We even drive through lighted tunnels.  It try to go as often as I can.  I always feel like a little kid sitting in the back seat of my fatther's car ooohing ang ahhing at all the pretty lights.  It's the best part of the season.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That Valley of Lights thing sounds WAY cool!