Tuesday, May 17, 2011

BYU-Idaho

While visiting with Krys and Bruce I have the opportunity to spend time on campus with them. The last time I was in a university gym was over 30 years ago.  These buildings have changed drastically since then. When I first entered the gym I was so impressed with the way it was designed to accomodate so many different sports.  Krystal informed me that all university gyms are alike.  Hmmm, it's pretty cool what is offered for the students use.So I took pictures. This will not be anything new to those of you who attend college but Gary and I have not seen this before, so the pictures below are for his benenfit.




The day I took this picture the gym was set up for volley ball, tennis, and basketball.  The white and blue you see across the floor are large curtians that can roll up and down to make the playing area larger or smaller. This court is partioned off from the volley ball  and tennis courts.


Above the gym floor is a track that encircles the building for joggers, runner or walkers.  There are four lanes marked and a clock/ timer positioned at the beginning of the track. This gym is not only used by the students and faculty, it is also open to the community.  You just have to wear a school issued t-shirt.
 All around the gym upstairs are large windows which look out onto the campus.  Very nice to be able to look outdoors while you are exercising indoors.  Espeically on a chilly day like this one.  (44 degrees)


1 comment:

Krystal and Bruce said...

wow WIDE load coming through! geez thats gross