Saturday, May 7, 2011

making a list, checking it twice

A Ver-dah! moment

I forget to do things so I have to make a check list.  This is not new to me.  I have been this way all my life. I carry a notebook and pencil everywhere I go.  When my daughters were growing up they taught me to make my list on the bathroom mirror with a erasable marker.  This works wonders  especially when I am going on a trip.  No  last minute "I forgots" because I always have to use the bathroom before I leave and voile! there's the list.
Oh by the way, I shared this tip with the ladies at a luncheon one day and they have all since put this into practice   It really is a life saver. You are welcome to use this technique yourself.  I'm grateful to my girls for their ingenuity.
ANYWHO...getting to the point...Today I participated in a community clean-up project and when I got home a nice cool shower was all I wanted.  The usual occurred.  There was water, soap, shampoo, lather and the squeegee.  The squeegee is an important step in taking a shower in our home.  You must wipe the water from  the walls and doors so to make the maids job easier.  I am the maid and yes, it is an essential part of the plan!  I had just put down the squeegee went to squeeze out the excess water in my hair and realized by the sound of bubbles in my ears I had neglected to go through the rinse cycle.   I still have shampoo in my hair and soap bubbling on my body parts...you know those unseen places you have to double check.  I am so mad at myself at this point, not only do I have to turn the water back on and remove all the bubbles, I have to squeegee AGAIN!. BAAHHHH.  As I finish once again and I am drying off, I look at the mirror and think to myself, oh my gosh, am I going to have to write the steps to a successful shower iside the shower door?  Pitiful, just pitiful...

1 comment:

bruce said...

oh mom its a good thing we have all made you a grandmother by now!