Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Oh what do you do when a Tornado hits? or What I dreamed last night

Last night I experienced the most awesome dream.  Yes EXPERIENCED.   We as a family, and I mean all the family, we were traveling somewhere in one of those 15 passangers vans, The Hebners, The Howards, The Calls and the Balls, and The Listers...for some reason the Listers are always with us, hmmm, wonder why? (if you are wondering who the Listers are that would be my sister's fam Marsha, Kevin, Jessica and Brooke) DISCLAIMER:  that makes more than 15 but hey, it's a dream, so 19 people  including 6 cars seats can fit comfortably into a fan.
 Anywho,  we are traveling down a very straight two lane highway with large field on either side and were visiting about whatever families talk about on long road trips and something lays on the front windshield.  It doesn't hit the window it just gently lands on it and slides slowly across from the middle to the driver's side.
No one notices except me of course because it's my dream.
Again something lands and I see that it is a humongous nut, you know the metal kind that go with bolts.  it is the size of my hand.  Something that would be used to put together a large piece of machinery.  It just glides across the window and falls off.  Than I noticed there were other things floating in the air ahead of us.  There were branches, two-by-fours, bushes, and fish.  Yep, fish a Rainbow trout to be exact.  They were coming at us at a very fast rate and when they reached the van they would not slam into us but gently lay on the windshield, glide over to the side and fall off, just like the nut.   I panic and say very loud, hey you guys here comes a tornado.  They all laugh.  I say again, really, look at all the stuff flying through the air.  I point and say, See, there's a rainbow trout...know how people have found frogs uimped in their yards after a tornado.  Well there must be a lake somewhere nearby becaue look at all the fish!  Now that I have everyone's attention and they are now getting a bit nervous I see the clouds whirling ahead of us miles down the road and I yell  "LOOK! THE TORNADO IS RIGHT THERE!  There it is beginning to form ito a funnel and we go  approaching  it, rapidly, because we are  traveling at 75 miles an hour. 

Garrett is the driver and he immediately says WE NEED TO SAY A PRAYER.  Everyone bows their head, even garrett, and he's driving and I begin praying out loud, but I don't bow my head, I keep watching what is going on around us.  As I say, Dear Heavenly Father Please protect our family and vehicle from this oncoming tornado....just at that moment everything pauses and goes into very  s  l   o w   m o ti o n.  Others take over  praying at this point and I sit and watch as the fish slowly fly by our van in a swimming motion no less,

 and the trees that are uprooted gently glide by and the air is swirly around and I can see it like it is a vibration.  It moves towards us and as we drive through it, (mind you Garrett is still in prayer mode, how we are in control of the vehicle puzzles me, but than again , it is a dream)   we can feel a very strong vibration as it passes through us much like trublance on an airplane and then it the vibration stops and it is very quiet.  I turn aroundin my seat to look out the back window and I can see the tornado continue on behind us  tearing up the fields and road as it travels.  I shake Garrett  so he can pull over and stop and everyone opens their eyes whipping their heads  back and forth to survey the damage which to all ou surprise there is none.. Matter of fact Rylee is sound asleep in her car seat.  We are completely unharmed.  There is not a thing out of place and the grand children can't wait to get out  to go see what the tornado leaves behind and there is not even a scratch on the van.  It's amazing  to us that all the area just around us is untouched. Everything ahead of us and behind us is in a mess!  We are all standing together in awe and  the silence is broken by Brad saying, "WOW, that was close!."  Garrett says, "it's a good thing I said we should say a prayer!"  Lili wants to know if we can do it again.  Rylee is still sleeping she doesn't even know what just happened. Jessica, Brooke, Nate and Krystal are immediately on their cell phones texting all their friends and taking pictures to document the event.  Kim and Kerri are out in the field with Lili, Nate, Mason, Kaci and Forrest looking at all the trout flopping around on the ground, Brad and Bruce are analyzing the whole situation, Garrett is getting into the ice chest because he needs a soda to calm him down and Gary completes it all  by saying, "WHO'S HUNGRY? LET'S EAT!"
and that ends it all...the whole family is now getting out the food packed in ice chests and containers preparing to eat a together right in the middle of the devastion just caused by a tornado that has carved it's way across the landscape,and we are all together unharmed, safe and sound thanking the  Lord for our blessings. AMEN!

Moral of the story,  as Garrett suggested...  We Need To Say our Prayers.

3 comments:

Kerri said...

crazy dream, amazing you remembered it all.

Hebner Happenings said...

i learned how from brad

Krystal and Bruce said...

i still think its amazing the stuff you dream!