Thursday, November 10, 2011

You can say this or you can say that

Redunkulous
                  Superflipindiculous
                                               Gonga


Isn't language fun.  I just read my daughter's Kerri blog and she described her experience living in two opposite weather locations by just using single words.  I think that is so cool. It was an usual and pleasant way for her to share.  WORDS...they have so much power.  Earlier I was watching a t.v. program and the invented word 'redunkulous' was used to describe an experience. In this instance it was used when the people playing Survivor South Pacific was rewarded with a table of pastries. 'Superflinindiculous' another invention was used to describe the uniqueness of a dance crew's talent.  A 'gonga' deal means you got something really expensive for very little money.  This colorful 
use of word combinations is fascinating to me.  I often hear one and wish I had written it down along with it's meaning so i can use it myself, but i more than often do not follow through.  If you are a language purist this is annoying and testify boldly that the english language is being slaughtered.  I for one feel it is creative and fun and I'm grateful for others who can think of it...  Fantabulous...Mucho Many...I know there are many more even ones I use regularly but for the life of me i can't think of them right now.  If you have any of these fun combinations, share them with me.  I want to make a list to include in my personal history. and include the meaning if you would please.


Have a Glori-a-gous Day.







1 comment:

Toni said...

It is fun! English is always changing. Just think of Shakespeare. He always made up his own words and we use many of them today without even realizing it ;-)