Monday, March 17, 2008

A Day to Celebrate Green

Today is St. Patrick's Day and the only thing I know about this holiday is everyone wears green. Green is my favorite color. I watched a news program this morning explaining this day and it seems all the things we do to celebrate here in america are american made. They don't do things like eat corn beef and cabbage or have wild drunken parties. They go to church and eat sheppard's pie and short bread cookies hmmmm. Short bread cookies are really easy to make....1 cup butter, 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups of flour; mix and bake. It's funny how we americans always look for reasons to celebrate so we can party. Wearing green is still a favorite of mine. For those of you who did not receive an e-mail message from me on St. Patrick's Day here is an old Galick blessing I found among all my treasures.
May those that love us
love us,
And those that don't love us
May God turn their hearts
And if he doesn't turn their hearts
May he turn their ankles
So we may know them by their limping.

No comments: