Thursday, March 27, 2008

Making an impression

Butt Prints in the Sand

One night I had a wondrous dream
One set of footprints there were seen
The footprints of my precious Lord
But mine were not along the shore.

But then some strangers' prints appreared
And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?"
Those prints are large & round & neat
But Lord, they are too big for feet!

"My child, He said in somber tones,
For miles I carried you alone
I challenged you to walk in faith
But you refused and made me wait.

You disobeyed, you did not grow
The walk of faith you would not know
So I got tired, I got fed up
And there I dropped you
On your butt!"

Because in life there comes a time
When one must fight & one must clib.
When one must rise and take a stand
Or leave their butt prints in the sand!

No comments: