Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mirror Mirror on the Wall...

Just recently my three daughters have all made the comment, "Mom, I'm turning into you!" This statement was always said when they recounted a decision they made , an item they pulled together from odds and ends, or this one, finding a treasure next to a dumpster. So I made them a rare and functional Halloween Costume that they can cherish their whole lives.
A beautifully crafted apron, made from left over fabric of about 10 years, decorated with words of wisdom and sent with tender loving care. The wisdom I shared?

Mirror, Mirror on the wall
I've become my mother
after all.

Gary and I wanted to buy poofy wigs for them to wear also then they could really look like me for Halloween, but those darn wigs are so costly. Wouldn't that be a hoot! I thought it was cute and was a great joke to pull on my girls, but when I went to the post office to mail them off, the lady at the register admired it and wanted one for herself. You never know what someone will like. I hope my girls get a chuckle when they see their aprons, I had so much fun making them.

No comments: