Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shopping with Gary at Walmart is the Pits!

It's Friday and we hit Walmart to do our bi-weekly grocery shopping. Why Walmart? Well, the store is suppose to price match the ads from the other stores. This use to be pretty convenient for us, just grab the ads and go to Walmart. But 'times they are a changin'. Now they are being extra picky on what they will or will not price match. So what's my problem? Well....
1. I actually made a shopping list this time and what is even more amazing, I remembered to bring it with me.
2. Gary is an 'up and down every single isle' shopper. I am not. However, this time I decided to use his method and remarkably enough I was able to find everything on my list (which is a feat in itself if you have even shopped Walmart, especiallly here in Prescott when the shelves seem to always be depleated!)
3. Gary goes to get in line, I run to pick up the last two items meet him at the register and what
do I find? He is arguing with the cashier about the ads and the items he has selected. Next,
you've got it, the argument with the manager. Memories of my mother arguing with the manager when we shopped with her as children came rushing into my mind. NOOOOO!. Stop it! I whisper to him. He refuses and the manager refuses to honor the price-match so what do you think happens next? Yep! Gary walks out of the store leaving behind all my groceries in the cart. BUMMER! I will never get that shopping experience back again.
4. The next day I go to make me a peanut butter and jam sandwich which I am so excited to eat because I found this absolutely yummmy looking apricot jam the night before and as I am looking through each cabinet for this jam it dawns on me that we don't have it because it was left in the cart at Walmart when Gary walked out!. Arrrrrggh. I did the same thing again this afternoon when I went to make my mashed red potatotes and peas...no sour cream...it was also in the cart.
5. Gary is not allowed to grocery shop at Walmart ever again. It is simply toooo traumatic for me.

1 comment:

Kim's just sayin' said...

he he ha ha... that makes me chuckle! it's funny only because I can remember those arguments Dad would get into with managers as a kid. I have few memories of Dad getting mad and to this day those few arguments stick out in my head!!! don't worry mom, it's just the haggling car salesman side of him!!!! :)