Thursday, August 26, 2010

Exercise creates endorphins



Exercise creates endorphins
Endorphins make you happy
Happy people don't kill their husbands
They just don't!

-Elle Woods, Legally Blonde

I have never forgotten this statement in the movie, Legally Blonde.  It is so true.  Exercise does help in the happy department.  So I have decided to do more exercise.  I talked Gary into going for a bike ride this week.  There is a trail that runs along Willow Lake in Prescott.  So we gave it a whirl.  Even though I had to walk my bike up the steep hills ( I know Brad, I should use my gears, which is what Gary yelled at me every time I would stop to get off my bike) I really enjoyed the ride.  So I have started riding again. This is where you say, " Good for you!"  I have found a road in my neighborhood that has an itty bitty incline; most roads around here go way up and then way down, so I can ride with a bit of effort and still enjoy myself. I have also found that I do not do well on dirt paths with gravel.  I am afraid of wiping out and landing in a bush that is full of stickers.  I'm okay with the neighborhood roads for now.  Hopefully Gary and I can go on another adventure the next time he gets a day off.  It was so fun to spend the whole day with my honey.  It was a wonderful "day" date.

1 comment:

Krystal and Bruce said...

BJ and i went on a 6 mile bike ride last night! its the best!!! we love going out and riding our bikes!!!

Blog Archive