Saturday, August 14, 2010

The spirit of adventure


Dear baby bears,


My son-in-law Nate commented that he has never seen "the spirit adventure" in me.  Hmmm.  That is so true.  I don't think I have ever shown that side of me since he married Kim.  I do play on the beach with the grand kids when I visit.  I went on a hike with everyone to the waterfall and swam out to the waterfall the first time we visited Hawaii,  camped overnight on the beach and I snorkled the last visit.   I guess I am a bit boring.  I use to have fun in my younger days.  I played volleyball, softball and ran track in Jr. High.  I was a cheerleader in highschool, but I also was on the archery team.  (I was lousy at archery, but I still did it.) and was the scorekeeper for the varsity baseball team.  Now that was adventure,  the only girl with all those boys!    I went camping and fishing with my dad as a child which meant hiking,  boating,  swimming in yucky lake water and had a motorcycle which I rode very often.  I'v e been water skiing and snow skiing.   I use to cliff jump, hike, dance,  play tennis and racketball  when I was a young adult.  Road trips were always on the agenda.   Gary and I went parasailing when we went to the Bahamas.   We've also been white water rafting.  Just this summer I went down slide rock.  I really can do things.  I've just really slown down these past 10 years.  Sorry Nate if I haven't been much fun.  I'll do much better...as long as it doesn't involve my knees for long periods of time...they have deteriorated in the last 10 years, which is probably why I have slown down so much.    And I still will not go camping.  YUCK!  I did enough of that as a child.  I didn't like it then and I still have the same opinion today.

It's very nice to see my granchildren enjoying adventure.  All three of my sons-in-law enjoy the outdoors and sporting activities.  My girls have always been very active and it's fun to watch them have fun as families.  Jusst keep on keeping on and I'll do what I can to keep  up! 

                                                                                Mama Bear has spoken!

3 comments:

Kim's just sayin' said...

mom, why in the world do you believe my husband's silly comments? He is always trying to get a rise out of people, you'd think you would catch on to that quickly since your husband likes to do the same thing!!!

I credit you for my willingness to do/try almost anything. You are one fun mom and a extra fun grandma!!!

Krystal and Bruce said...

i ditta kim!

BJ says that you now need to change your blog to hbchcrew. You gotta have favorites first he says. hebner balls then the rest. =]

Kim's just sayin' said...

Well I will give you credit for your adventure in the shower if you know what I mean...eh eh. We've both seen each other naked, and I know we both felt naughty and that's always an adventure! Krystal I would agree with the order of the letters if the above were'nt true, once you've seen the legend everything else seems so small and insignificant, even if it does have a fold of extra skin ;-D Verda you know I love you, Kim's comment is true, I don't know why I get such a thrill out of getting under people's skin, I guess it's one of my only skills so I don't want to be guilty of not using my talents.

Love you all

Nate

Blog Archive