Thursday, August 12, 2010

New volunteer work


As usual on Wednesday I hang out with the Humanitarian group.  This week  the Missionary Couple (our fearless leaders) explained to us that for the time being we will not be sending the items we produced to the Mesa office to be distrubted.  We are still to continue making the items but they are to be shared with the local communities.    This is the direction the Church is going right now.  So we are to concentrate on helping other agencies in the area and encourage our members to vounteer  where they can.  One of the women in our group started an organization called "Birth Line".  They help pregnant teens.   She said they were in great need of volunteers right now.  So I asked, what do you need?   I have time to volunteer.   I prefer to come on Wednesday  so I can help after  I finish with Humanitarian because I wait for my husband to get off work.   She was so excited that I volunteered.  She said they really need someone to be in the office and the shift that needs to be covered right now is on  Wednesday, 1-4 p.m.  That so happens to be at the same time I wait for Gary .    Coincidence?  I don't think so.   I go for the first time next week for training.  I'm sure I will be sharing my experiences along the way.

1 comment:

kerri said...

that sounds cool. good idea mom!

Blog Archive