Thursday, August 12, 2010

People really do notice



Just a quick mention of the fact that people really do notice who you are.  Today there was a knock on the door and two stangers aasked if I could please contact someone to help give a blessing to their mother.    I said  SURE I'll call the Elders...  I did, they did what they always do, come to the rescue.  As these people  were leaving I asked,  how did you know I was LDS?  The lady said she lives  on the otherside of my duplex neighbor and has always seen the Elders coming to and from and so she knew right where to go when her brother (a high councilman from California) said thinking out lout, I need to give Mom a blessing I wonder where the closest Bishop is...She said for your church,?   Well those missionary boys are always going to my neighbors house, do you think she could help?  Well, there you have it.  Not a really big deal, but the white shirts a ties did it again.  Amazing how the Lord works.  I was grateful I could be of some help today.

"no act of kindness is ever  wasted."  Aesop          Thank goodness I feed the Elders every month.

No comments:

Blog Archive